October 24, 2011
NOVEMBER NEWSLETTER – INITIATION PROGRAM
Hopefully everyone has gotten into the hockey routine so far. It looks like we have a very keen group in IP this year! First and most important I want to extend huge thanks to all the volunteer coaches. The number of volunteers we’ve had each practice is fantastic. Also, I know that both IP groups have done some re-working of our original practice plans and I’ve been hearing many comments from parents in both groups that the practices are extremely well-organized and the kids are having a blast!
There isn’t much news to report since the October newsletter. There are some highlights and some upcoming events for each group.
· Soon our IP1 groups will start participating in the mini-games at the EH Jr B home games on Friday nights. Usually we give each team at least one turn. I will notify by email which group will go on which game nights.
· The Sackville Jamboree has a few more openings. If I get at least 2 more kids we can send a second team which would be great. If you are interested please let me know. I am going to leave it open until Friday, October 23 before I send the registrations in.
· This past Friday night we had our first IP2 players act as flag bearers at the Jr. B game. They did a great job! I still have a few more spots for regular season games so please email if you are interested. I don’t think there is anything at this point until January.
· We have also had 1 group of kids attend a Mooshead’s game. From all accounts a great time was had by all! A reminder to those who signed up for the next game - it is December 3. Unfortunately, at this time I still don’t have the date for our 3rd game (which is also full).
· I have one full team for the Sackville Jamboree and am working on getting a few more players for the second IP2 team. Please let me know if you are interested. I am going to leave it open until Friday, October 23 before I send the registrations in.
Please ensure you have all your items when you leave the dressing rooms. There have been several instances of items left behind and everyone should know that EHMH is not responsible for any lost items. The coaches may pick up what is left behind and try to find the owner but it can’t be expected and isn’t always possible. If a coach has not found lost items, you should also check with the arena lost and found.
As usual, if there are any questions please don’t hesitate to email.
EHMHA – IP Coordinator